1. Read this excerpt from Orwell's 1984. Annotate.
2. Read aloud once as a class.
3. Split into groups of three and answer the following KQ's. We will discuss on Wed. (Remember, Tuesday we are in the library).
Monday- EE & TOK Syllabus
Tuesday- Introduce TOK
Wednesday- What is a Knowledge Question
Thursday- Practice KQ's and RLS
How does your iPad compare to the ‘Pilot Ace’ in terms of functionality, speed, and portability?
Friday- To what extent should we pass moral judgement on actions made in the past? Is it possible to construct moral principles that transcend time, culture, and context?
Monday, 11/26-12/7- Work on TOK Presentations and PTE
Monday, 12/3- PTE 1 Due
Friday, 12/7- Vive Voce Due EE
Subhadra + Siham
Ayoko + Fatima
Rimon + Dip
Wednesday- Friday- Finals
watch The Good Place on Netflix
season 2, Episode 5
you’re welcome ;)
I need you to upload your graded rubrics and mentor notes for you Sept 7th draft of your EE. Regardless of whether or not you put your essays on Managbac, I cannot give you a grade without your graded rubrics. Thank you.
Please respond to 2 questions in 3-5 sentences. Comments/Replies to your classmates are encouraged.
1. To what extent is our faith in the human sciences dependent on our ability to understand scientific language?
2. How can emotion undermine society's ability to reason with the causes of Autism?
3. Under what circumstances can emotion lead to misconceptions regarding the findings of scientific research?